Wednesday, October 15, 2008

No!

One of life's mysteries for me is that some things are not allowed to be captured in a camera. As an (amateur) photographer, nothing makes me more happy than to take a photo of a sweeping landscape, a majestic building, a macro shot of a flower, a candid smile from a friend or a stranger and share it to the rest of the viewing world. Whenever I go to Makati, I have to resort to using my point and shoot camera as its less visible to the evil eyes of the guards. Even here in Quezon City I always get a not-so friendly reprimand from the watchdogs the moment I lift my camera to take a snap shot of something interesting. What's up with that? Can somebody help me understand?

Anyway, I took this photo at the La Mesa Eco Park (where its obviously fobidden to do so) in the spirit of defiance.

How about you? Did you ever take a "forbidden shot"?

Photobucket

8 comments:

Layrayski said...

that's too bad. You know what i've been to makati last january and ive never been reprimanded when I took photos. buildings, people, you name it. nakaka high blood naman kung ganoon.

Ann Pablo-Bechet said...

they seem to mind the DSLRs. note that if I wield my teeny point and shoot, they're okay with it. they're prolly thinking "pang-friendster siguro, bayaan ko na lang". ayaw nila na kinukunan ng picture yung mga "public offices". i can only guess why.

hadv said...

Hah! If your smile doesn't work, tell them that's it a public place and you can take as many photos as you like. Just don't do something like that in an airbase, or inside a power plant. Could get you in trouble. Probably in their mind, either you're a reporter or a terrorist. You probably fit the profile hahaha.

Ann Pablo-Bechet said...

hadv,
a spy maybe? ahaha

Hilda said...

Most of my theater stage shots are taken on the sly. Sa Medical City napagsabihan ako na bawal kumuha without permission from their PR department. But by that time, madami na akong nakuha, so okay lang. Sa Ateneo, bawal lang kung sa classroom at may klase, which is totally understandable. 'Yun palang naman. But this is weird because it's so open and who are you going to disturb anyway? Sheesh.

Ann Pablo-Bechet said...

ewan ko ba sa kanila. nalalabuan talaga ako, eh.

Anonymous said...

Re: La Mesa - I can shed some light on this. I have a friend who WAS arrested for taking photographs in La Mesa Dam, attempted terrorist acts daw. Ang sabi nung detachment commander dahil sa La Mesa is the main water reservoir for Metro Manila.

Ann Pablo-Bechet said...

ntlespino,
whoa! seryoso?!? uhm, sige, granted na matter of national security ang reason, e di sana mas inilayo nila sa mga ayaw nilang makakita. sus! parang ang OA naman e. salamat nga pala sa pagdaan.